If you’ve been watching the BBC miniseries adaptation of Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace (being simultaneously broadcast on Lifetime, A&E, and History networks) and you’re interested in comparing it to the written word, please check out one of our copies. We have two (2) hardcover novels located here and here. We also have an eBook format that is available through Project Gutenberg.
• To access the free eBook format, browse over to the main MVCC library page.
• Click on “Research Tools”.
• In the box titled “Search Books, DVDs, Videos, & More” click on the “Ebooks” link.
• Select the drop down “Title” and enter War and Peace:
**Click on the screen shots for a larger view.
• Click on “Search.
• This will take you to the one (1) result of the War and Peace eBook:
• Click on the “To access ebook” link
• You will be re-directed to the Project Gutenberg War and Peace page:
• From here you can choose to read the book online, send to Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, or read the file on a Kindle (file links with and without images) or an iPad (using the EPUB links with or without images).
• **And again, the eBook format is free through Project Gutenberg!
Read the review on the 2016 adaptation of War and Peace.
Browse here to learn more about free ebooks by Project Gutenberg.