I’m one of those annoying people who always finds something to complain about when it comes to weather: in the winter, it’s too cold and dark and dreary and depressing but as soon as summer comes, it’s too hot and sticky and gross. To try to beat that bad attitude, I do my best to focus on the great things summer brings! One of my favorites? The Farmers’ Market!
I’ll make weekly visits until the fall but I’m not a very natural chef, so I need plenty of inspiration and direction to tell me what to do with all the scrumptious seasonal goodness. I’ve checked out some great cookbooks, maybe you want to as well!
Don’t feel like lugging a book home? Check out these e-books!
- The Seasonal Baker: Easy Recipes from my Home Kitchen to Make Year-Round
- The Farmers Market Cookbook: The Ultimate Guide to Enjoying Fresh, Local, Seasonal Produce
- Fresh: Recipes for Enjoying Ingredients at their Peak
Don’t feel like spending any more time staring at a screen? Check out these books!
- Green City Market Cookbook: Great Recipes from Chicago’s Award-Winning Farmers’ Market
- Savoring the Season: A Cook’s Guide to Home Canning, Pickling, and Preserving
- The CSA Cookbook: No Waste Recipes