So, the big news these days is the newly passed healthcare bill. There’s all kinds of information flying back and forth out there. I wanted to share this article from the New York Times that tries to answer some questions: New York Times: Consumers’ Big Question: What’s In It for Me?. Here are some of the questions they consider:
- Q. I don’t have health insurance. How soon will the new law help me?
- Q. How many people can sign up for the new plan?
- Q. How is the new federal pool different from what is already offered by state high-risk pools or Medicaid?
- Q. How will the law affect children with pre-existing conditions?
- Q. Will Medicare recipients receive any immediate benefits?
- Q. Will young, healthy adults who don’t have insurance be helped by the reforms?
- Q. What are the immediate benefits for people who already have insurance?
- Q. Won’t all these changes increase my health care premiums?
- Q. Will small-business owners notice any immediate benefits?