Representatives from the Census Bureau will be outside of the Library to answer your questions about Census 2020 jobs on Wednesday, Jan. 29 and Thursday, Jan. 30, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Apply for positions online.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some application questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be able to speak, read, and write in English, if applying in the 50 states or Washington, D.C. (Bilingual applicants are needed and are encouraged to apply.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
- Undergo fingerprinting and pass a criminal background check and a review of criminal records performed by the Census Bureau.
- Commit to completing training.
Other Employment Opportunities
The Census Bureau has other employment opportunities; to learn more search the Federal Government’s official employment site at usajobs.gov, browse Field Jobs by State, and/or visit the National Processing Center site.