It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a student in possession of a summer break, must be in want of a reading challenge.
Okay, maybe not, but if you are looking for a month-long reading challenge and you enjoy a little early 19th century English literature, look no further than Jane Austen July!
The hosts have created 7 challenges, all of which can be completed with materials from MVCC Library!
- Read one of Jane Austen’s Six Novels
- Read something by Jane Austen that is not one of her main six novels
- Read a non fiction work about Jane Austen or her time period, The Late Georgian or Regency Era
- Read a modern retelling of a Jane Austen book
- Read a Book by a contemporary of Jane Austen (Some examples are Walter Scott, Mary Shelley, and more)
- Watch a direct screen adaptation of a Jane Austen Book.
- Watch a modern screen adaptation of a Jane Austen Book. (Some examples are Bride and Prejudice and Clueless)
I propose an 8th challenge: Read an article from a peer-reviewed Jane Austen academic journal!
Will you be partaking in this Regency read-a-thon?