Today on campus the G.L.O.W. Club (Gay, Lesbian, or Whatever) is holding a Day of Silence to end hate. If you are interested in learning more about sexuality on campus, gender identity, or other related topics we have materials in the following subject areas in our library collection.
In the subject heading Gay College Students we have the following books.
- Stonewall’s Legacy: Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Students in Higher Education by Susan B. Marine
- Our Place on Campus: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Services and Programs in Higher Education, edited by Ronni Sanlo, Sue Rankin, and Robert Schoenberg
- Coming out in College: the Struggle for a Queer Identity by Robert A. Rhoads
In the subject heading Gays — Legal status, laws, etc. — United States we have the following books.
- Queer (in)Justice: the Criminalization of LGBT People in the United States by Joey L. Mogul, Andrea J. Ritchie, and Kay Whitlock
- Flagrant Conduct: the Story of Lawrence v. Texas: How a Bedroom Arrest Decriminalized Gay Americans by Dale Carpenter
In the subject heading Gender Identity we have the following books.
- Dude, You’re a Fag: Masculinity and Sexuality in High School by C.J. Pascoe
- Queer Questions, Clear Answers: the Contemporary Debates on Sexual Orientation by Thomas S. Serwatka
And in the subject heading Bullying in Schools we have the following book.