There has been a lot of talk about the upcoming Winter Olympics, which is being held in Sochi this time around. One of the topics of discussion is Putin’s promise to a non-discriminatory game. Putin recently signed a new law, which bans gay “propaganda.” As you can imagine, Russia’s western neighbors were not too thrilled and have tried everything from openly speaking to boycotting the games to get their point across. However, the law still exits and the games will go on. Go Team USA!
At the library, we have many books you can check out on the Olympic Games. Here are just a few:
- The Ancient Olympic Games
- Beijing’s Games: What the Olympics Mean to China
- Figure Skating: A History
- Historical Dictionary of the Modern Olympic Movement
- The Ancient Greek Olympics
For more information on the Sochi Winter Olympics, check out their website. More updates to come!