This past week marks the 200th Anniversary of the birth of Charles Darwin, discoverer of the theory of evolution. This theory remains to be one of the greatest scientific achievements of all time. Thus, I thought it would be nice to forward a couple of interesting pieces.
- You can find Dawin’s book that started it all, The Origin of Species, in our library at the call number QH365 .O2 2003
- You can flind library books & videos under the subject heading Darwin, Charles
- There is an absolutely great resources about different issues surrounding Darwin from the BBC at: Darwin: the Genius of Evolution from Radio 4 BBC
- If you are interested in Darwin’s life listen to these In Our Time epidsode
- If you are interested in a slightly unique view of Darwin, listen to NPR’s Taking Darwin Personally